A picture of Agoueto from another source.Hello everyone!
WOW what a week! Well I dont have a lot of time but yeah I'm here in Agoueto and I'm surviving! It for sure is a completely different area than Port Bouet. My area is huge! From the apartment, west as far as I can walk and all the way up to the Banco forest(? sorry about spelling), it for sure is a lot more green and jungley. It is not nearly as sunny as port bouet, to be honest I haven't even seen the sun all week. I love the members and I truly feel we can have even more success here than in Port Bouet. Oh and the apartment is a ton nicer! but the area...I think is a little more poorer.
Now my companion....wow I about killed him. I don't know what it is with president but he stuck me with an extremely "troubled" missionary. He didn't want to work and all he did was eat and think about money and buying things. I was going nuts but at the same time trying to be patient and help motivate him the best I could. Well as you all know I don't know a single thing in this area so I really depended on my companion, which wasn't very dependable..on Friday he lied to me and told me we were going to an investigators house and he flagged down a taxi. After driving in the taxi for about 10 min I asked him where we were and why its taking so long, well to make a long story short he took me to his house where his parents sat me down in a room and wouldn't even allow me to stand up. After he was done running around the house and his neighbors houses he came in and said we're leaving so we did. By this time I'm about to kill him. I flagged a taxi and we got in it and I said we're going to the Zone leaders apartment . Well to make another long story short he opened a beer in the taxi and started guzzling, that he hid in his backpack. Sorry but because of time, he now is at the mission home on probation and I have a new companion.....that was by far the most stressful and hardest day I've had. I didn't blow up once and I kept my cool the whole time. I was really proud of myself. But know I'm safe now and I'm okay. My new companion is Elder Koffi.S (and no thats not a typo). Ive only had him for the past 5 hours but he is great! I love him! (oh and the past 3 days I've been solo trying to coordinate with the ward mission leaders who I dont know..its been a rough week but its finally settling down) But we're both excited and because we're both new and don't have an area book we're starting fresh. I'm really excited and feel we"ll be changing the area!
The district leader calling is going great. I'm just trying to work as hard as I can. I love you all. I'm sorry this is so choppy and not good but I'll try to find a post and send pictures and everything! I LOVE YOU ALL!!! muah!
Elder Cameron Legere
No comments:
Post a Comment