Monday, August 3, 2009

Elder Legere's Email - a new area & a district leader

Hi
WOW!!!!!! What a week!? crazy! IM SO EXCITED FOR TYLER!!!éçà_'_& He will be a great missionary! (**Tyler is Cameron's cousin. He just got his mission call to the Texas Lubbock Mission**)
Well for my week! wow! its been nuts! Well monday we went to the zoo! It was a blast! little freaky but a blast! I'll be sending home a lot of pictures of that. We saw lions, hippos, crocs, monkeys, birds, some really weird little animals, hienas, elephants, and just a bunch more. About 25% of the animals weren't in cages either. haha it was fun
Wednesday, in the morning we went over to one of our recent converts homes because we heard her son was really sick so we gave him a blessing. That went really good and after that when we were returning to the apart. a man grabbed me and just started hanging all over me. He was as drunk as drunk could be. He grabbed my hand and said I have to go to his house and preach the gospel. After he dragged me to his house we sat down and started to teach his mom and brother. But when his brother started to talk or ask a question, Rodrique (the drunk man) stood up and started screaming at him. He was saying how he is the "chief" of the house and that if he interupted the lesson again he'd regret it. And I mean he was angry! Elder Touhouly and I then taught the word of wisdom :) he was very acceptive but how much he took in I dont know. I know that his mom and his brother were grateful for the lesson and they both apologized for his attitude and invited us back. After we returned to the apart. Elder and sister Bailey dropped by and gave me my package and some mail! it was like christmas! i have been taking those pills and I have been seeing a difference! I am so thankful for that package thank you SO MUCH!
Thursday, I loved Thursday a lot. All the lessons in the day just went perfectly. But it was also really fun because we took one of our investigators with us. Her name is josee and she just wanted to learn more, so we invited her to our next lesson, and after that she wanted to go to the next and next. By the end of the day she said she's never been so tired before. But I also think she felt the spirit of missionary work.
Saturday, oh boy....well you remember the member Dominique that couldn't serve a mission because of his age, so he comes with us? Well Friday night he calls and says he can't come with us saturday but pass by in the morning. So we did. When we got there we could see a huge cloud of smoke coming from behind his house so we walk back there and he is standing over a couple handfuls of coals with his cat laying on it! When he saw me he has a huge smile on his face and his eye wide open (like a child who just got caught by his parents) and said in english "the cat". hahaha I said JE SAIS! (i know!) well he heard i was leaving so he wanted to prepare a good nice meal for me so he killed his cat for me to eat...so we did. It was really hard for Elder Touhouly because he loved the cat, you all know I'm not the biggest cat lover, but it was kind of hard. That was probably one of the strangest things I ate last week.
Sunday, was just a really good day. It was hard to say goodbye to a lot of my converts and investigators. a lot of members cried, it just wasnt the goodbye I really wanted. Next time i dont want anyone to know when I'm leaving.
Todays been an exciting day as well. We went to the US Embassy and signed all the Americans up. President wants all the Americans to be registered before the election. We're just getting prepared if anything happens.
I also found out my new area! I WILL BE GOING TO
.............................................................................AGOUETO! its in the Abobo area. i dont know what its like there... i heard the apartment is nicer than port bouet! but the area is a little more poor. (if thats even possible!) My new companion is Elder Adopo. Sister Bailey said hes...."different" so i guess we'll have to see how that goes. I know we'll get a long just fine. I will go to my new area tommorow night at 6pm. I also found out that I will be the district leader in Abobo. It made me feel good that President has enough confidence in me to put me in that position. Abobo is one of, if not the highest baptizing areas and to place me there as district leader will stretch me. The district is actually a pretty big one. But I dont have any concerns.
I hope you all are doing fine! Im so sorry to hear about moms and Nicoles little problems with the allergic reaction and the infection! I'll be praying for you! I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment