Hi Everyone!
I'm sorry but this email wont be too long... Elder Doue and I are just super busy. We are changing the Cocody Zone in a lot of new ways and i am very excited about it. Ive been going through the Zones numbers of lessons and baptisms and it has been the lowest in all aspects from the time the church has been here. But we are going to change that. President already is very surprised at the success that we've had and are going to have. Hes changed all the leaders in the Zone and i now see why. He is placing a lot of confidence in us. For the last two months put together the entire zone baptised only 10 people! How sad is that!? Elder Doue and I have been working very very very hard to be the 'shining star' in our zone and also mission. And we will be. I absolutely love Elder Doue! (To pronounce his name its Do-ie) What an awesome missionary! I was talking to him the other night and he said "i know you've probably heard a lot of things about me, but Ive changed." He started to go on about an interview he had with president. He said President told him "You know, its you that's blocking your progression in this mission and in your life. What are you waiting for?" When he was telling me the story the Spirit was so strong. He has completely changed 100% for the better, and i have never seen another who loves to work and sweat like he does. We will work miracles here in Cocody. I'm super excited to see how the zone changes.
Well i would have to say the hardest part of being here in Cocody is working with the ward leaders...Well as you all know we had a baptism this last weekend. Well we informed the ward that this baptism will be the 22nd May, since the 2 week i was sent here (around the 15th April). Well so we go to our coordination meeting with the ward mission leader, but he didnt come (he doesnt about 50% of the time), but thats okay because theres still the bishopbric meeting we can go to to inform the ward of missionary activities and give our report. So we called the ward mission leader thrusday and friday to remind him of the baptism...nobody came to the baptism to represent the ward... But it went great anyways! Ruth is a sweetheart and will become a great leader in the church one day. It was a very special day for her and i can tell she was touched by the Spirit.
We are getting Kouadio Annick, Akesse Annick, Patrick, Jorcelin, Victor, Fabrice, Yayo, Antoinette, and Philippe and his wife ready for baptism. We also have a lot of other investigators that we dont feel are quite yet ready for a baptismal date, but are progressing. Its amazing the joy you get from this work. I now understand why it is a great and marvelous work. We are going to ask President if we can get 2 more missionaries for our area. We are starting to get a more appointments and investigators than we can handle. That alone is a miracle. The Lord is with us, and i can feel His guidance. I am thankful for His love and tender mercies. I need to get going. I love you all and will be praying for you! I will be praying and fasting for dads work. I know the Lord will bless it. I have no doubt. Muah!
Elder Legere
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment