Monday, May 31, 2010

Success in Cocody

HEY EVERYONE!
It was great to hear that everyone is doing well! Im so excited to maybe get some pictures of Whitneys and Tysons boy next week! How exciting?!
Well this last week was awesome! We worked our tails off and im even more excited for this next week! It wasnt too easy but the Lord is just opening the heavens and pouring out blessings! Its such an amazing thing to see the area changing like it has. We worked a little too hard than we should have because around Saturday both Elder Doue and I started to get sick but we're feeling a lot better! I think it was because we didnt go in a single day last week to eat lunch we just went from 9 in the morning to 8 at night..But we were so blessed.. We ended up giving 4 more baptismal dates 3 for June and 1 for July. June will be a great month for us. The zone is completely changing. We still havent gotten 2 other missionaries for our area and i dont think we will till after June. But our relationship with our Bishop is just blossoming. It was really funny. Elder Kabé came to our Zone meeting that we held and all he wanted to say was just to tell the zone to follow our example. He said "NEVER in the history of the Cocody Ward has the missionaries been invited to eat over at the bishops, but they have twice in the last week!" The Bishop and i have a really good relationship. I can see how others might have had a hard time with him before but all it takes is a little humility. You just have to serve with a 'what can i do to help you?' attitude, not a 'the mission president told us to do this in your ward.' We're working a miracle!
We really are doing really good. Thank you all for the emails last week! It really gives me so much joy to hear that you all are doing well. I know the Lord is watching out for each one of you and He wouldnt allow anything to happen if it wasnt supposed to. I want you all to know how much i love this work. There is a joy that gives hope, faith, courage, and strength. I have realized that all the Lord asks is just to give Him all your heart and soul, and He will fill it with joy and love and will bless us beyond what we imagined. Ive also realized how simple our message is. The Lord just wants us to place confidence in Him and we can do all things. I guess what i am trying to say is attitude is everything in this work.
I know i say we're having great success and everything is going great, but we also have a lot of difficulties and problems. For example, last Thursday we were teaching a woman the plan of salvation. And once we arrived to 'life on earth' we asked the question what are the 'works' we should do and how can we prepare to return to meet God?(Alma 34:32) Well she started citing the 10 commandments but she left out the 'sabbath day'. We asked her if it was important to go to church on Sunday and she said no. And she refuses to because she finds no importance for it. We explained EVERYTHING! Promised blessings! Everything, but she just hardened her heart more and more. It breaks my heart. It breaks my heart because i have a love for her, and know how important it is. I find it interesting how stubborn certain people can be. I also believe maybe people see it as something just too easy, with such a reward. To have happiness and joy forever, with out end and to live in the presence of God, just fulfill your odinances, have faith, repent, and keep the commandments. I believe if God told us if we would cut an arm and a leg off to live in his presence, more people would do that than simply come to church on Sunday. It reminds me of Moses and the brazen serpent. It was just too simple for the people that they wouldnt look. But also because they didnt belive it would heal them.
I love you all!
MUAH
Elder Legere

No comments:

Post a Comment