Monday, November 8, 2010

Things are good in the Ivory Coast

Hello Everyone,
I dont have much time, just wanted to answer some of your questions.

"Which missionaries were in your apartment for the lock down?"Lets see there was Elder Legere :) , Elder Fisiihoi, Elder Guillory, Elder Halterman, Elder Starita, Elder Attiogbe, Elder Bokolo, Elder Bululu, Elder Gnamatzi, Elder Nyuiadzi, Elder Mayingula, Elder Ekopimo, Elder Ojouku, Elder Oujo, and Elder Ndala.

"From the news and all, it sounds like things have been pretty peaceful...Have you seen any violence?"No thank goodness. President said it was actually very eery. The day after elections, there wasnt a single person outside in the whole city. People say that it was as if the city was dead.

"Will you guys go under another lock down for the election that will be held on Nov 20th? Do you think the President will win again?"They haven't said anything about it yet but I'm pretty sure we will. They say that the campaigning starts the 20th but the actual elections are the 28th. So we'll probably go into lock down again the last week of Nov. until things calm down again. I tell you what, it really hurts the work.

As for the work its going... its just really hard with how the country is. But in the last week we did happen to teach the ambassador for Angola and his family. Some of his family is actually members and you could see his heart being touched. Its amazing how easy it is to see the Lord's hand in this work. I've been blessed while being on this mission. Ive grown to have a Christ-like love. I've talked with ambassadors to professors. From gold diggers to poverty stricken families. And from muslims to pastors. And I can honestly say that I love each one of them. Im thankful for the oportunity to grow and develop new attributes and become more like my Savior.

I just wanted you all to know how much I love you. I really do apprectiate you all so much. I promise I will write more next week. We just have to go to the bureau to see Sister Ayekoue. She's going to take me down to Grand Bassam to get some souvenirs since I haven't gotten any for me. I pulled some money out last week, if you can make sure I didnt do anything wrong that would be good.
I love you all! MUAH!
xoxoxo
Elder Legere

No comments:

Post a Comment