Monday, October 25, 2010

The regroupment begins today. 11 more missionaries in his apartment.

Hi everyone,
I don't have a lot of time. I just wanted to let you all know that I'm doing okay and that I love you. This week was a good week we contacted a lot of new people. A lot of new families that we've been working with that will easily go to baptism. But Saturday night my companion, Elder Fisiihoi just started to get really sick (getting woozy, headache, chills, etc.) . We're just praying that it'll be over soon, because today we're going to have 11 missionaries come to stay in our apt. for the next two weeks. With the elections, please just pray. We as a mission will be fasting and praying all week. It really would just tear me apart if something big happened. I know there'll be violence and rioting, but just pray that they'll calm quickly. President Ayekoué just got back from the temple so I know he's spiritually recharged. In the last meeting with all the leaders, he said that the connections are all ready there to get us out of the country within a couple hours. But pray that that wont happen, I'm not ready to leave. The work has been slow in the last couple weeks trying to find new investigators and we're finally seeing the fruit of our work. We see so many people that just need us, it would be a tragedy to see what happened in 2000 happen again. In 2000 a man named Aso Alassane (he's actually originally from Burkina Faso, Muslim) and Laurent Gbagbo (the actual president) and many others were running for president. Gbagbo won, and Alassane wasn't happy. He made a speech telling all his supporters to riot, and being like sheep they did. He has also had a hand in the war in the North of the country with the rebels. Well to make a long story short, all the candidates that ran in 2000 are running again. And when you go by the markets all you see is Muslims screaming 'Alassane ou rien' or 'Alassane or Nobody'. They believe he wasn't chosen before because he's Muslim (just like every minority group does). Even to this day you can see the damage that was done in 2000. You can still see burnt schools and the damage the riots have done. But its amazing how comforting the Spirit is. Even with all the things that are happening, we aren't worried at all. We know we're in the Lords hands and He wont let anything that's not supposed to happen, happen. Don't worry, we take all the precautions we can.
It sounds like you're all doing well! I hope that you all have a great week!
Muah!!
Elder Legere

No comments:

Post a Comment