Monday, September 20, 2010

The Edivo Family at the parents' wedding

The Edivo Wedding at City Hall in Cocody

The wedding reception put on at the ward cultural hall. It was put on by all the ward members.

Dear Family,
What a week!! It sounds like you all had a blast!! Thank you so much for the pictures!I loved them all! Its crazy to see how much the family has grown and changed! Each one of you have changed so much! Thank you for those pictures! My week was also real busy! We finished planning the wedding with the Edivo family, we organized the reception, got them married, and baptized! It was so special! I just love this family! Brother Edivo recieved the Aaronic Priesthood Sunday and was ordained a priest. Before being a member he was Catholic, and as you know the priests in the catholic church are very honorable/high possitions. Well yesterday after church he came up to me after church with a really worried face, grabbed my arms and said (kind of whispering) "Elder Legere...Im a priest! I NEED to learn more if im going to be a priest!" I said 'thats so true! Lets go to the library!' We got him plenty of institute manuels for the Book of Mormon, and the Old Testiment. We also found some leadership manuels. You should have seen how greatful he was..My companion told me later that day that he also came up to my companion to thank him for pushing him to make these big changes in his life and that hes now seeing the blessing just fall from heaven. What a beautiful family!
As you know i also got my packages! THANK YOU!!!! I loved everything in them! (And so does my companion!) I really do appreciate it all! Thank you! But there is just a little problem, ya sent me two books of the 'Mosiah - Alma'. Im sorry! Elder Nyuadzi is actually reading it right now. He loves the books! Really thank you! I had a wonderful birthday! We woke up as normal, did the normal ruitine but left around 8 am to go clean the chapel. We spent about 2 hours doing that. We then prepared the baptismal font, and room, got everything ready, had the baptisms (4), and then went to visit other investigators to make sure they're coming for Sunday. It was a great day. When we got back in the appartment at night we make the birthday cake and celebrated a little. It was a great birthday! Couldnt ask for anything more, had some snacks, baptised a family, etc.
It sounds like you all had a great weekend as well! I tell you what i miss the Swainstons so much too! I miss you all! I would love to have the Swainstons there when i get home! That wouldnt bother me one bit! And the open house would be nice but i think id rather just take the time to get settled, or invited certain people to come over and look at pictures, tell stories, or just hang out. If we were going to do a small reception maybe Sunday after church, but nothing big.
And as for transfers! Im STILL here! Although President was told by the 70 that the longest a missionary should stay in one area is 6 months, which means that i am probably going to stay my full 6 months. But thats okay. I guess ill probably be transfered around the first of October. i talked a little with President last night and he said, its not so much he doesnt want to leave me here in Cocody but he doesnt know who can replace me here.
But i love you all! Muah!!!! I hope you enjoy the pictures! Im tryin to send kind of a lot muah!

Elder Legere

No comments:

Post a Comment