Hi mama,
Well another week is down! I know, can you believe ive got only about 5 months left! Crazy huh? the time is just flyin...This last week was awesome! We had another baptism that went really good. Still the bishopric doesnt come but thats okay, we invited a lot of members and we had a really good turn out. It was me who baptized, and i just felt the Spirit so strongly. Theres just something so special about seeing peoples lives change. I baptized a woman named Akesse Annick, what a strong soul! After she was immerged and came out of the water, she just had the biggest smile on her face. After the baptism i was talking to her and she started to tear up and said "Elder Legere, thank you. I now know that God loves me." I told her i know He does too. That little phrase just makes all the drops of sweat, problems with leaders, and everything 100% worth it. That little phrase just makes me want to run down the streets and invite everyone to come closer to their God, through Christ. What a blessing it is to be here.
My companion and i are also now babysitting another missionary. His name is Elder Mapou. Hes an Ivoirian but started his mission in Congo. Well after only getting in fist fights with every companion in Congo hes now here on 'probation', so President sent him to us :) And it was a great week :) Ill tell ya what, after my mission ill be ready for any and everything! Our room is actually pretty tiny, but we managed to put a third bed in. I wish you could see it, its just bed next to bed next to bed haha But it really is going well. When he first got here he was trying to play 'alpha male' but now we're constantly laughing. Last night my stomach hurt so bad cause i was laughing for a good hour and half. I really think we can help him.
About being sick, actually last week just after i emailed you i asked my companion to give me a blessing and immediately i was feeling better. I still have a small cold but ill kick it soon! Things are just going really well for us. We should have a good week this week too. We've been busy but that's what its all about.
I cant tell you how much i love and miss you mom. I wish so badly you were here to help take care of me when I'm sick, help me cook, and just do everything. Its not easy for a young boy to leave his parents, go to Africa without communication (like cell phones, etc) and start living in a brand new world washing your cloths by hand, cooking with materials you've never seen before, not understanding perfectly the language, etc...Its pretty much a miracle. And I'm so grateful for God's love in those hard times. Its amazing how at peace i can be in the hardest times.
Well as for transfers nothing so far, and i really don't think i will be. And that's okay. I'm grateful for this area because Ive learned to love where i am no matter what. How i love an area shouldn't depend on how others influence it, but it depends all on me. If i try to always hold a smile, laugh, just be happy! Its one of the greatest things Ive learned here, to laugh! I laugh ALL the time. Whether its because the taxi I'm in is running from the cops (that happened this week), if everyone in a neighborhood is screaming white man(that happened this week too), or 'bandits' are trying to rob you (that happened this week too, they all happen about every week) you just have to laugh.
This computer is being super weird... im sorry we'll see if this goes through. i love you!
Muah
Cameron
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment