Monday, April 12, 2010

He's in his 4th area -- Cocody

Hey Everyone!
Well i made it another transfer! haha These transfers are always a pain, but i love my new companion Elder Essel. Hes from Ghana(he might be in one of the pictures that i sent home). We were in the same apartment when i was in Agoueto. Being Zone Leader sure doesn't make it any easier, but who said the mission is supposed to be easy. Its another opportunity to grow and learn so I'm going to make all i can out of it. Well as you know we're in the Cocody Ward with the Baileys. We actually live just right behind them (about 5 mins walking distance! and about 20 mins to the mission home). I absolutely LOVE the Baileys. I owe them so much! They have helped us out so much! They took us grocery shopping and wouldn't let us pay, they've cooked breakfast, lunch, and dinner all last week for us until we got our refrigerator and stove top...they are just heaven sent. Please take them out to dinner when they get back. As for our area...its going to be interesting. Yesterday i saw why President pulled the missionaries out of this ward for the last 8-10 months. The leaders are going to be a little difficult to work with but it is possible. Its just going to take a lot of patience and love. But we'll do it. Also the area is HUGE!! With a ton of hills! If you want to know where we're at maybe if you put in Las Palmas it might come up. We are just right around the corner from that. I love the apartment, its a lot like Agouetos, just a little villa. There is 3 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, dinning room, and kitchen. In the front there is a little guava and avocado tree. Ill try to take some pictures and send them next week. The missionary work is much more difficult here. Everything is a ton more expensive, far, and the people really don't want anything to do with us. Its amazing how different it is. We have already fixed 2 baptismal dates, and we'll have hopefully 2-3 more fixed this next week. I cant complain the work is still going forth its just not going to be like my other areas.
I cant believe I've been over a year here all ready. It's hard to just get all the emotions out in a couple sentences. I look at the last year as one of the most important years of my life. It has for sure been the hardest year i have had and probably ever will have, but i have never grown so much. I remember when i went into the MTC and thought "This is so tough! BYUs going to be a breeze after this!" And then when i got here i quickly saw that the MTC was a joke compared to life here. Ive grown with learning languages, living habits (cooking, cleaning, shopping, budgeting money, etc), living with someone (and everyone!), teaching, I've grown spiritually in ways i never could have, and in so many different ways. I was talking to the Baileys about just about our missions, and its true that we've had it kind of rough, but I've also never laughed so much in my life. All the stories and good times are just hilarious. I really cant wait to just sit down with you all and catch up on the last 2 years.
I'm so glad that everyone is doing good! Tell Tyson congrats on graduating! I'm sure that's a huge burden taken off! Also to Nicole and Alan with passing all his examines and be sure to tell me next week what you're having! I already know its going to be a boy ;) I love you all and will keep you all in my prayers! Muah! Oh Ill be talking to ya all next month!
I love you! Muah!!!
Elder Cameron Legere

No comments:

Post a Comment