Monday, March 8, 2010

New Companion

Hello Everyone!
What a crazy two weeks! My district has completely changed...including my companion :/ Im not quite sure yet who is going to be my new companion but all i know is he's not yet a missionary. I guess he got his call but is just waiting to enter the MTC. Here, they like the missionaries to at least spend a couple weeks in the missionary's apartment to make sure they know eactly what they are getting into. So we'll see how this week goes. Elder Nyuiadzi is getting sent to M'Pono (its an area in Abobo). He's not too excited about it. Its just filled with 'Zoramites'. Im going to miss him a lot. I absolutely love the kid. Out of all my companions, him and Elder Koffi have been my favorite. They just have a glow about them. I also got a new Elder in the district. Ive been his trainer since last Friday. His name is Elder Leach. He is one of the nicest, smartest kids i have met. i am trying to do everything i can to help him get comfortable here in Africa. Its not easy when they cut our electricity and water every day but he's doing great. While i picked him up i had a wonderful interview with President. He wanted to talk to me a little before he gave me the responsibility of having a companionship of 3 again. He said theres no other trainer as patient as i am." He went on and said how ive always had amazing relationships with my companions even when its been rough. It made my whole week! I love President and i know that he loves me. He said he doesnt know another missionary that can stay calm in the situation im in (having one missionary on probation with his money cut, another being sent home, another with physical limitations, and receiving a new companion that hasnt even passed the MTC for basic training, not including how the country is). He is pushing me and im grateful for all the growing experiences. He is a man that truely magnifies his calling and loves serving the Lord. Ive never met someone who completely places ALL his confidence in the Lord as he does. Ive learned so much from him!
Well as for the country, its much better! I dont think some things will ever stop but for the moment its doing much better than it was. but its has been SOOOOOOO hot lately! I mean SUPER SUPER hot. Even the bottoms of my shoes start to get soft and my feet heat up. Around 2 o'clock when youre walking it feels like youre baking in an oven, literally. But I cant lie, im feeling great! I try to just always smile and keep going despite how uncomfortable i am. But something horrible happened this week...The second camera is gone... I dont know if there are warranties on them but here is all the information i have. If i could just get the waterproof camera fixed i believe that would last me my mission. The water proof ones flash i think is just a millisecond off. Every picture i take it is black or super bright. And the canon wont even take a picture or turn on in picture format. I can look at pictures on it, but it wont take pictures.. I just feel bad because ive already lost the chance of taking some good pictures including a baptism :/

I love you all and thank you for all your emails. Im sorry i didnt get a chance to email you last week, as you know they cut the power everywhere. I hope the Baileys sent you a message maybe explaining it a little. I love you all. Im sorry i dont have much time, i need to go find my new companion. Muah! I will talk to you all soon! Have a wonderful trip.
I love you
xoxoxo
Votre Fils
Elder Cameron Legere

No comments:

Post a Comment