Dear Family,
I feel horrible that last week I forgot to wish Tyler happy birthday! I really hope everything is going great in Texas! I know it is. I cant tell ya how happy I was just to see those pictures of him with his baptismal candidates. I love you man! Keep it up!
Hawaii sounds SO nice right now...to be honest I cant even imagine it. I cant wait to go with you all when I get back. Maybe in Spring of next year or when you can. Im going to need the two weeks to prepare and just settle in a little before I head off to school. I am just so excited to sit on the couch and tell stories and talk, let alone go to Hawaii! It will be a blast!
Well this last week ive gotten so many letters! Ive gotten 2 from dad, 1 from mom, Grandma and Grandpa, Chris, Amanda, Nicole, Rachel Cameron, and a package from Holly! It made my whole week! Ive wrote most of you all back (But I need Rachels address! So if you can send that to me I can get it off next week.) Thank you!!!
Well as for the week, Its been super busy!
Tuesday: had mission conference! It was awesome, I always love them. After, the Baileys and I went and bought a camera! It works great and Im so grateful for Elder Bailey for taking me around. He really helped me out. I bought a Sony 10.1 megapixel. It is a very nice camera that Im very happy about! I do feel very bad that it was expensive. After we saved 106 dollars on it, and after trying to get the price down we got it for 145,000 francs (almost 300 dollars), and the memory card was another 20,000 francs...Elder Bailey bought the memory card and wont let me pay him back :/
Wednesday: Was a normal day. Just taught a lot!
Thursday: I had a meeting at the mission home for all the district leaders. It went really well but after I started getting a splitting headache that i still have. Im still praying its nothing big, taking in mind President just got out of the hospital for having malaria.
Friday: This was by far the hardest day in the week... Well we have an investigator that I love. His name is Raymond. I baptized 6 people so far in his family and it just leaves him and his brother. Hes around 28 years old and he is just awesome. We've been talking and he decided to get baptized last Friday, but in the interview he confessed of something that will take a month to repent of. I wanted to pass by his house more often in the next two weeks to just strengthen him and make sure he knows he's loved. Well so we go by Vendredi and he says he's coming. Well an hour goes by and he doesnt show up. Beacuse we have other rendez-vous we had to leave. We left a little paper of some chapters to read in the Book of Mormon. Well as we were going to the other appointment we see him on the side of the road studying with the Jehovahs Witness. My heart just broke. I cant really explain what i felt as i was walking, thinking of what i should do, as the muslum mosque is just screaming their prayers, and the sun is just blazing just dripping sweat. Its not a depressing feeling, but just a heartache. Its not even a discouraging feeling, but its rewarding knowing we're doing all we can. Its just after seeing how happy his family is and knowing he could be too, is hard. Im still going to do everything i can. Its not really all the story, he didnt show up for church for the first time in a month and a half and he wont answer his phone. Im just still praying that maybe he'll come back. Its just I see anti-mormon doctrine sneaking in our area, more and more as the church is growing.
I did have another experience that really touched me. There is a woman named Jaquline, that we pass by often who takes care of her 3 daughters alone. She is just a sweetheart and loves to have us over. She was married but her husband left her, but shes done an amazing job raising her kids. We always pass by with a brother in the ward named Mahn. Well the last time we saw him he shared a small story with us that she shared with him. He said she has never received a testimony of the church until the last time we passed by. She said the Spirit was so strong that it was as if He was just speaking to her, as if He was in the room. But she said a comment that was different. She said "when we walk on the roads there are people in white who follow us". When he was telling this story to me I cant explain to you how i felt until i get home, but I know that what she said is true. Im truly being watched over.
The Priesthood that I hold is the same that Moses used to part the Red Sea, Christ used to cast out devils and raise the dead. The same that was used to form the panet, place the waters and have elements obey. The same that Elijah used to call fire from heaven or make the ax float. Enoch raised mountains and changed rivers coarses. It is a very humbling thought to know that I hold the same Priesthood. Each time I give a blessing I think of before hand of how heavy of a responsibility it is to have power and authority from God to bless His children. We should be eager for opportunities to use it. Not necessarily search for them but be willing when they come. Ive found that people who ask to receive a blessing have the faith to be healed, but those who are asked to be blessed usually dont. Thats more of a personal testimony of when I was sick. I never searched the blessing myself. I placed more thought in medical care than spiritual care that leads to physical. It wasnt till I sought after a blessing for myself that I was healed. I have experienced too many situations in my life and our familys, and have seen too many here to doubt in the power of it. Its one beautiful thing that I dont think many people understand of the power of the Priesthood, there is no limits. It is by and through it that ALL things become possible.
I love you all please know im praying for you and thank you soooo much for all the letters and for the package! I cant tell you how happy they make me. Thank you again for the money for the camera.
Elder Cameron Legere
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment