Monday, January 18, 2010

Still in Toit Rouge II

Hey Everyone!
It feels sooooo good to have last week behind me! wow was it a week! It was just problem after problem after problem, but we survived. We just had problems with bishops, the apartment (falling apart still), investigators, and just everything. But its a new week and Im excited for it! I dont really have much news to say except it was just crazy. Its been getting hotter and hotter every day, and i pushed myself just a little too hard last week. Im really finding my limit here haha) I had times when i was walking were i really didnt think i could go any further. But i did and i was blessed.
Im so glad that everyone is doing good back at home. I wish Whitney (I dont know how Nicole is doing, but im sure shes sick too) felt better! If theres one thing ive learned is, the biggest blessings only come after the biggest sacrafices. You're being blessed, dont forget to count them! (Note: both of Elder Legere's sisters are expecting.) The work is really starting to pick up. Just when you think you couldnt teach any more people, or when your schedule is full, its possible. But its great! We will be having a really good sized baptism the 30th.
I am still in Cote d'Ivoire, and ill probably be here for at least another 2 months i think. So yeah PLEASE send those letters off! I happened to get one package with the energy bars and the book on 'Doctrine and Covenants section 1-42' last Thursday night! and Im already almost done reading the book. It really is an amazing book! I love the history it gives for all the backgrounds of the sections. It really helps! and also all the quotes that are in it. Thank you so much!!!

Now for some of your questions:
How did your baptism go? They went great! Everything went really smooth.

How was your 4 ward activity? And what did you do for it? How many people would make up 4 wards? ....It could have gone better...but it happened. haha We didnt have that great of a turn out but it went good. We had about 80 people there (about 1/4 were investigators). We watched 'The Testaments'. In the 4 wards put together theres about 420 active members. But it really did help out our relationship with the members. The members are much more willing to help us out after the activity.

How many investigators - on average - do you teach each week? I dont know how many invesigators we teach weekly but a lot. In each lesson theres at least 2-4 people. For example, last week, being completely busy with meetings and planning the baptism and activity, we taught 38 lessons.

Do you have a conference report? If not I will send one in your box tomorrow...just let me know. Yeah we just got it! Thanks!

Have you had any more interesting meals lately? Thats everyday... haha I dont know whats interesting or not anymore. Nothings really changed.. we eat mashed bananas and fish pretty much every meal.

If you want to email us a separate private email in which you can tell us what happened in your district, we would love to know...just so that we can be more specific in our prayers for you and your mission and your investigators and the people of the Ivory Coast. I think it'd be best if i just save things for after the mission. Dont worry theres no way i could forget it.

I love you all and may God be with you till be meet again.
Elder Legere

No comments:

Post a Comment