Hey Family,
I hope youre all doing great! Thank you for the emails! This computer really is not working. It froze twice and has been just really slow so here ya go.
Heres some answers to some questions.
What kind of problems do you have with the bishops?
We worked them all out. We had bishops that refused to open the church building so we could do the baptismal interviews, etc. We dont have any problems right now. I actually love my bishop now and we've grown very close.
Tell me about your apartment? How is it "still falling apart'?
Well we have a giant problem with cockroaches.. I had to have killed a good 200 last week. I found 3 huge nests in the kitchen and wiped them out. Theyre just every where! they live in the table, chairs, sink, counters, refrigerator, just EVERYWHERE. They still are there, so we're going to try to really wipe them ALL out this week. We still never have water, we still have problems with the lights. 90% of the doors (including the front door) dont work (i mean dont shut, dont lock, or dont have handles), EVERY cupboard is broken, and just a bunch of little things.
How are your investigators doing?
They are doing good. Chastity is a huge problem here. They dont seem to understand that it is serious, no matter what we tell them. Its just hard to find people who keep the commandments. But when you do they are golden.
A lot of people think Africa is a huge 'baptizing mission', but its not. Yeah we could baptize a lot, but none would stay in the church. They have a serious problem here, they are too believing. We can teach the restoration and they accept and believe it immediately, because everyone in Africa sees 'God' and spirits. Its like its hard for them to believe theres only one true church. They believe all churchs are good so they all come from Christ. It can get frustrating some times... haha
How is your companion? Tell us about him and his background.
Well his name is Nyuiadzi Koffi Isaac. He was the only one baptized in his family in 2001. But later, it was him who baptized the rest of his family (his mom, dad, sister, and two younger brothers). He is an awesome kid and i love him. He is the most determined African missionary ive seen. He's 23 years old and plans on going back to school to study 'economy'. He has been learning English very quickly and ive been trying to learn Evé.
I have sent letters off to you all (late December) that havent gotten there yet (And in them pictures). I dont know if the postal service even works. I will try to make a stronger effort to write more, its just not easy to do. I try to send pictures on the computer but it rarely works.
I love you all! Know im doing good and have good health. I love you!
Elder Legere
No comments:
Post a Comment