Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Email from Elder Legere

Hey Everyone,
Wow what a week?! It sure hasn't been my favorite week but to be honest I think I've grown more in the last week than any other... I dont know if the Baileys contacted you, (oh and yes Elder Bailey showed me the emails, thank you!) but I decided to go back to my area in Agoueto Sunday morning for sacrament. After sacrament meeting I was feelin pretty woozy and sick again so we went back to the apartment. And I've just been sleeping up until now. I'll tell you what, this has just kicked my bum! But I've been praying just as hard as I can. I am so thankful for the love of our Lord. I really can't imagine how our Savior suffered all the pains of the world and was able to bare it. I can't imagine Him suffering just for all the pains I've felt here just in a single night, not including the pains of everyone else. It is very humbling and has showed me how infinite and eternal that sacrifice was. I find it humbling that it even caused God, greatest of all, to tremble. And to know that He felt the same things I felt, and that he felt those things for me! He truly is the Christ. I think about when Joseph Smith was in Liberty jail and how down he was, and what the Lord said to him (D&C 121). I know that I couldn't have made it without the comfort of our Savior. He lives. And He loves us.
I love you all and am so thankful for all of your prayers and your fasting. You all are in my prayers also. I called the President and he said that we will talk tomorrow morning. He said he has been praying a lot of what exactly to do, and so have I. After praying for the past 3 days, what my thoughts are this, I want to start taking Larium (the other medication, similar to doxycycline). Elder Bailey and Sister Bailey said when they went to Kenya they took it and after 2 weeks of taking it they honestly had troubles sleeping because of how real and crazy their dreams were. It does have a psychological affect, but it is more efficent than "doxy" and I only have to take it once a week. But it is president who calls the shots. The church does not want to take the risk of me staying but it is up to the president. To be honest I feel that every thing will work out just fine. I am feeling much better today. I just can't stand up for too long or walk too far. I'm just still really weak and am just always tired, but know I'm doing okay.
Please tell Grandpa that I love him! I miss him like crazy and think about him all the time. He truly is my hero. I really look up to him. I'll be praying for him.
Well I better get going. If you don't recieve a phone call tomorrow that means that President has decided I will be staying.
I love you!
Elder 'Job' Legere

No comments:

Post a Comment