Hello Everyone! Well this week's been a little crazy.. I haven't been transfered yet, I'm still waiting to even know my new area! its a little stressful but I'm hangin in there :D The assistants dropped by yesterday to congratulate Elder Touhouly and me for our work and everything. We were the top baptizers for the month of July. I asked them if they knew my area yet and they said they did but weren't allowed to tell me. It kind of makes me nervous why they can't but i know it'll only be for the better. My weeks been an eventful week! Elder Touhouly and I have just been trying to have the best time we can for the last week we have together by working even harder and laughing even more. We've eaten at the boutique 4 times and I bought 3 bottles of soda! (its all the soda the market had) So we've been a little spoiled. But we've had a good last week together! The assistants did say that I'll probably be transfered this week, so we'll see. But I'm really excited because today Elder Touhouly and I are going to the zoo! :D! I guess we'll see how that goes! To be honest I'm kind of worried to go. The times we've passed by it I couldn't tell if it was a jungle with an abandoned city in it or what, but I know it'll be fun.
For the week, lets see...Well monday was a great day! Elder Andon and Elder Cloward came here to Port Bouet and we went to the beach. I love the beach because its just so calm and its a place where I can just go and sit and relax. There aren't a lot of places to just relax. Later that night we went to Malcory to do a contacting activity. It went really good! I don't care for Malcory all that much just because you just never feel that safe. The whole secture reminds me of 'I am Legend'.
Wednesday...oh! ha! I about died laughing at lunch! Elder Touhouly and I were arm wrestling for the last soda. But I lost and so he grabbed it and started dancing around saying "Im a weiner! Im a weiner!" because his accent for 'winner' isn't good. haha! And when he opened the soda it exploded. It was just hilarious! We literally were on the ground laughing.
Saturday was my favorite day of the week! In the ward here there are SO many youth! There are a ton of youth whose parents aren't members. So Elder Touhouly and I planned an activity. We know that the gospel is not just for half the family but for the whole family. The temple and all the principles in the gospel are for the family. So we want to strengthen and bring families together. So what we did was we had all the youth and their non member parents come to the chapel. And for an hour the youth bore their testimonies. I can't tell you how strong the Spirit was. It went perfectly and there were many parents who came to us afterwards to set up appointments for the lessons. There is power in the youth. There is a sweet spirit that new converts carry. The activity was simple but it couldn't have been better.
Also Elder Touhouly is going to be asking the president if I can get another name badge made. The last week I've had a lot of people who yell at me and everything because they think I'm French. Also pray that we don't run into anymore drunks. This last week we ran into about 5. And it just never is good. There's something about drunks just being attracted to missionaries.
I love you all! I'm doing great! I CANT WAIT TO GET THE PACKAGE!!! I'm SO excited! I'm hoping it comes today! I love you!!! Have a great day and I'll be thinking about you all!
Your Son
Elder Legere
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment