Tuesday, April 14, 2009

News From the Ivory Coast

(**We haven't heard from Elder Legere since he first arrived in the Ivory Coast. But we received this email today. Sister Bailey and her husband have been serving a mission at the mission home since February...**)

The Legere Family,

I am Sister Bailey and was with your wonderful son today at our Mission Conference. Because the mail system is so crazy here and because they tried to e-mail yesterday only to have the power go out, I promised him that I would contact you and let you know that he is doing fine. He expressed his deepest love to all (and told me to tell his Mom that he loved her). I have only been here for two months, my husband and I serve in the Mission Office and so we know what a shock and experience this mission is.

However, You have a son that knows in whom he trusts, and has called upon His Heavenly Father, and searched his scriptures to find the strength he needs to further the work of the Lord in bringing souls to Christ. He is a wonderful son, with such a heartwarming smile, and is trying hard to learn the language. President Ayekoue asked him to bear his testimony today in the conference. The new missionaries hearts and tears are very close to the surface, but he did a wonderful job, you should be so proud of him.

I have talked to the Assistant to the President and he said that it would be best to send your letters to the Mission Office as that would be the best to get your letters here. I am sending the address at the end of the e-mail.

Also I took these picture of Elder Legere with some of the Missionaries to send home to the family.
Thank-you for preparing such a faithful, valiant missionary for the Lord. Sincerely,Sister Bailey


No comments:

Post a Comment