Hey Everyone!
What a week?! Can you believe how quick everything is going...Well we had a great week. Ill try to outline it a little:
Monday- As you know, the mission went to Grand Bassam to say thanks to the Baileys... Its so weird to not have them here anymore.
Tuesday- We went to Dokui to do a split with one of our District Leaders. There is just too many problems in Angré...So I took Elder Yapo with me back to Cocody for the day. It went really well and we had a good time.
Wednesday- Just a normal day of proselyting
Thursday- President called us Wednesday night to tell us to do a split with the Sisters in Dokui (which is really weird cause I've never seen that before but that's okay). But I now know why haha. They have a big problem with teaching.. Just in a single morning my companion and i set 4 baptismal dates. The Sisters have a hard time 'teaching with authority' and fixing commitments, so we'll be doing a lot of Zone Activities to help them out.
Friday- Just another normal day, if that's possible
Saturday- We had a baptism (the last picture I sent ya all). We had 12 candidates. But we almost only baptized 11 haha. Well after my companion baptized 3 candidates a lady named Bernadette (the farthest one to the right in the picture) started walking down in the font. I was one of the witnesses and could tell as soon as she put her foot in the water there was something wrong. Well she has a phobia of water... by the time my companion had her situated and ready to say the prayer she was just shaking (which is normal here, Africans don't like water), but by the time he was done she was trembling. But he emerged her.....BUT her toe came out, and she was not wanting to go under again. Well after she caught her breath, my companion started the prayer again but then she started screaming and fainting. My companion told me to go around and help her out of the font, so we dragged her out, sat her against the wall and finished the rest of the baptisms. But at the end she wanted to give it another shot, and so we did and she was baptized but we just had to drag her out of the font a second time too. I tell you what, there's nothing that's normal in Africa.
Sunday- We had a good day at church. And in the evening my companion and I put on a small fireside. We showed 'The Restoration' and I gave a little talk about it and had a discussion. It went really well.
Isn't that crazy that I got my flight plans?! I cant believe how quick its coming to an end...And I was surprised when I found out that it was the 29th I'll get home! I I don't know if you got an email from Salt Lake too. Elder Jerman forwarded me it and she said "If Elder Legere wants to travel home before Christmas, he would need to depart on Dec 17th. Missionaries are not to travel home between Dec 20th and Dec 25th. Let me know if you want me to change the date." But the 17th is just a bit too early. And that's alright! I just cant believe I'm going to have 4 days to get ready for school, go to the dentist, doctors, temple, etc. But if you could help me get ready before I get there like get some school supplies that would be so helpful. I loved your ":)" when you said you can work me being released out with the stake. How long does that normally take? If I could just do that the 29th when i get in that would be the most ideal for me. And celebrating Christmas the 29th and 30th that would be awesome! But I also don't want to ruin it for you all, especially for Nicole's kids (if they are going to be there, are they?). But I would really enjoy that. I'm more worried about getting back into life's schedule with normal food and the cold. It'll be a change! Also I think we could probably go up to Utah the 3rd, if we leave early in the morning, get up there around 11 or noon, then get my stuff in the room, and get my books. But maybe it would be a bit rushed, I just would enjoy being home for that extra day. What time does church start on Sunday?
Maybe if we do it like this:
29th Wednesday- Get in around 4:00, get released, have Christmas Eve
30th Thursday- Christmas :) go to the dentist, doctors, get the last things I need
31st Friday- Quinn's B-day, New Years
1st Saturday- temple
2nd Sunday- Church, rest :)
3rd Monday- get to Utah, get moved in, get books
4th Tuesday- School starts
That's just what I think would work perfectly, but like you know nothing does haha. But I'm pretty used to going to plan 'B' or 'C' and going with the flow.
Chace is sucha cutie!![Cameron's new nephew born August 13th] (I love his name! William, that's a strong name ;D) I'll tell ya what - I'm proud to be an Uncle! I cant lie...not all babies are cute, but really I have the cutest nieces and nephews! I'm so glad that everything went well and they both are doing well! That really puts a lot of stress off of me. I'm so proud of you Nicole and I loved the pictures of your other kids! THEY ARE SO BIG! Holy smokes!!! How fun! It's going to be crazy seeing them all again. I feel like I don't even know them :/ But I will get to! Congratulations Alan! Hows he doing?
I'm sorry I dont have anymore time, but I'll talk to you all next week? I still havent gotten any letters or the package, have you all? ou should and better be! I love you all!
Muah!!!!!!!
Elder Legere
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment